Foil Worx Business Cards
Prints 2/Sided (With Option for Foil on One or Both Sides)
Bring flair and shine to your product offerings with Foil Worx! Foil Worx lets you choose from gold, copper or silver foil accents on 14pt Uncoated or 16pt Silk Laminated Business Cards for an ultra-refined custom finish that adds sophistication and class to any business. Ideal for luxury brands, concierge services, law offices, real estate and more.
Note: the same color foil must be used for the front and back of your product.
Size 3.5"w x 2"h" (Vertical or Horizontal)
- 14 PT Uncoated Cover
- 16 PT Coated Cover 2/Sides
- 14 PT Uncoated Cover
Run Size: 1000
4 Color Process, 2/Sided + Spot Foil on One Side
4 Color Process, 2/Sided + Spot Foil on Both Sides
- Includes Soft Touch (also described as velvet or suede)
Art Prep Tips:
- You should always start and finish your designs in CMYK color mode.
- We only want 300 dpi files and no less.
- Do not use transparencies
Never use shadows, glows, or any other transparency (image or otherwise) on top of a spot color. Always convert your spot color to CMYK and flatten before sending.
- Do not use overprints.
Overprint can cause unexpected results. We suggest that you turn all overprint objects off before submitting your files.
- Gray Scale Images
Grayscale images that are converted to CMYK will have a color shift in the final print. That shift may be green or yellow. Always check the CMYK values of your grayscale in the final CMYK document. If there are other values other than black in your grayscale image, there is a chance that the color will vary. To eliminate all values other than black, use your Channel Mixer (adjustment layer) in Photoshop, then click "Monochrome" and adjust accordingly.
Rich black is an ink mixture of solid black, 100% K, with additional CMY ink values. This results in a darker tone than black ink alone. If you print black alone as 100% K, the resulting black may not be as dark as you might like.
We recommend using: C 60 M 40 Y 40 K 100
This will give you a deep, dark, rich black
- How to handle the Spot Foil art designations
(1) When creating a Spot Foil order you must include a Spot foil template file along with the regular full color file. The Spot Spot Foil template file is used to show where the Spot Foil will be placed.
(2) Use 100% K to indicate where you would like the Spot Foil. White will indicate no Spot Foil. REMEMBER "IF IT'S WHITE, YOU CAN WRITE!"
How to Supply Files:
Need Hi Res pdfs created from the template links above
2/Sided Business Cards
- Need 4 unique pdfs for the front, back and the spot foil for the front and back
- Files must be named as:
(1) "First Name_Last Name_Front"
(2) "First Name_Last Name_Front_SpotFoil"
(3) "First Name_Last Name_Back"
(4) "First Name_Last Name_Back_SpotFoil" (if Foil on Both Sides)
John_Smith_back_SpotFoil.pdf (if Foil on Both Sides)
See Video Below for how Foil Worx