Raised Spot UV Business Cards
Prints 2/Sided (With Option for Raised Spot UV on One or Both Sides)
Gloss things up with eye-catching spot UV effects! Suede Raised Spot UV Cards from Swift Print Communications feature smooth glossy raised areas that contrast beautifully with the Suede/Soft Touch Laminate foundation of the cards. This product will make you the envy of all your competitors, and your customers will be thrilled with all of the compliments they receive on their classy new cards. Suede Raised Spot UV Cards are perfect when you want to exude style, elegance, and class.
Size 3.5"w x 2"h" (Vertical or Horizontal)
Stock Type: 16 PT Card Stock
- Run Sizes 100, 250, 500
- 4 Color Process, 2/Sided + Raised Spot UV
Raised Spot UV on Front Only
Raised Spot UV on Both Sides
Art Prep Tips:
- You should always start and finish your designs in CMYK color mode.
- We only want 300 dpi files and no less.
- Do not use transparencies
Never use shadows, glows, or any other transparency (image or otherwise) on top of a spot color. Always convert your spot color to CMYK and flatten before sending.
- Do not use overprints.
Overprint can cause unexpected results. We suggest that you turn all overprint objects off before submitting your files.
- Gray Scale Images
Grayscale images that are converted to CMYK will have a color shift in the final print. That shift may be green or yellow. Always check the CMYK values of your grayscale in the final CMYK document. If there are other values other than black in your grayscale image, there is a chance that the color will vary. To eliminate all values other than black, use your Channel Mixer (adjustment layer) in Photoshop, then click "Monochrome" and adjust accordingly.
Rich black is an ink mixture of solid black, 100% K, with additional CMY ink values. This results in a darker tone than black ink alone. If you print black alone as 100% K, the resulting black may not be as dark as you might like.
We recommend using: C 60 M 40 Y 40 K 100
This will give you a deep, dark, rich black
- How to handle the Spot UV art designations
(1) When creating a Spot UV order you must include a Spot UV template file along with the regular full color file. The Spot UV template file is used to show where the UV will be placed.
(2) Use 100% K to indicate where you would like the UV. White will indicate no UV. REMEMBER "IF IT'S WHITE, YOU CAN WRITE!"
How to Supply Files:
Need Hi Res pdfs created from the template links above
For 2/Sided Business Cards
- Need 4 unique pdfs for the front, back and the raised spot UV for the front and back
- Files must be named as:
(1) "First Name_Last Name_Front"
(2) "First Name_Last Name_Front_UV"
(3) "First Name_Last Name_Back"
(4) "First Name_Last Name_Back_UV" (needed only raised UV on both sides)
John_Smith_back_UV.pdf (needed only raised UV on both sides)
See Video Below for how Raised Spot UV works